Bloggers do it .....................





............ at the keyboard

Welcome to my blog - good day to you all

Do come on in and take a walk into the past.

This is a record of family and places from my family tree. Researching my family tree is an ongoing project with lots of brick walls to knock down.

Names included in my family tree are: Allsop(p), Boyes, Crooks, Dobson, Richmond, Wood.

I hope that maybe someone out there is researching the same tree as myself and that we can be of help to each other - so if you recognise anyone/anything please get in touch it would be great to hear from you.

Do also take a look at my others blogs, thanks.


Enjoy.

Click on the photo to go to the St. Hilda Ellerburn website to see the memorial to some of the Dobson family and other photos

My Loyal Followers:

Say No To Word Verification - I do

Say No To Word Verification - I do
I hate having to do this when I visit a blog, I don't use it on my blog anymore.

Monday 3 January 2011

Wedding of Bryan Allsopp and Lesley N Oliver in 1963


This a photo of the wedding of my cousin Bryan, who was my Uncle William's (Bill) and Aunty Annie's (Nance) only child. He married Lesley Oliver in 1963 at Morpeth Registry Office. I don't know who the other person is on the photograph but he was presumably the best man.

I am researching my family tree and am having great difficulty in finding any birth details of Lesley.

I remember Bryan always liked a good drink (alcohol I mean) and that one New Year he even got my Dad to take some alcohol (my Dad was tee-total!), he ended up pushing a bowl around the floor in front of him because he was so sick. I don't remember Dad ever doing that again.

I also recall that Bryan and Lesley would come to us for tea regularly and that we also used to visit them at the flat they lived in just outside Morpeth. This flat was on the premises of the car sales room that Bryan worked at.

I was always quite in awe of Lesley who was a Secretary in an office, possibly why I decided I wanted to do the same job when I was older! Isn't it funny how we look up to our elders when we are small?

Latterly Bryan and Lesley lived at Yeadon in Leeds, but Bryan died in 2001, I think Lesley is still alive.







No comments: