Bloggers do it .....................





............ at the keyboard

Welcome to my blog - good day to you all

Do come on in and take a walk into the past.

This is a record of family and places from my family tree. Researching my family tree is an ongoing project with lots of brick walls to knock down.

Names included in my family tree are: Allsop(p), Boyes, Crooks, Dobson, Richmond, Wood.

I hope that maybe someone out there is researching the same tree as myself and that we can be of help to each other - so if you recognise anyone/anything please get in touch it would be great to hear from you.

Do also take a look at my others blogs, thanks.


Enjoy.

Click on the photo to go to the St. Hilda Ellerburn website to see the memorial to some of the Dobson family and other photos

My Loyal Followers:

Say No To Word Verification - I do

Say No To Word Verification - I do
I hate having to do this when I visit a blog, I don't use it on my blog anymore.

Monday 3 January 2011

My Uncle Bill


This is my Uncle Bill sitting at his desk in the office at the Nelson Miners' Welfare Club where he was Club Secretary. I think it was taken in 1959 as there is another photograph taken at the local Leek Show and on the back of that one is the dated 19th September 1959.

Oooh, crikey, I'ves just realised that's the same date as little Cole's birthday! A bit of a coincidence that I should now hunt out this old photo for publishing on here, it will appear on another post.

Uncle Bill was my Dad's oldest brother, well at least the oldest who survived childhood as I have discovered that my Dad actually had a brother who was a firstborn but he died at about 6 days old, I have also unearthed (no pun intended) two sisters we did not know anything about.

I don't remember Uncle Bill ever working anywhere, or why he didn't appear to work in one of the local coal mines like some of his siblings. As far as I know he always lived in a house at the council side of the village we lived in once he was married which also tells me he didn't work in the mines otherwise he would have been given a colliery house.

When I was older and allowed to go into the Club I would go to play housey (bingo) with my Mam and I plagued him to death about giving me a Babycham Bambi which stood on the shelf behind the bar. I still have it, but a few months back when I took it off the windowsill to dust it I dropped it and one of its antlers broke!!!!!





No comments: