Bloggers do it .....................





............ at the keyboard

Welcome to my blog - good day to you all

Do come on in and take a walk into the past.

This is a record of family and places from my family tree. Researching my family tree is an ongoing project with lots of brick walls to knock down.

Names included in my family tree are: Allsop(p), Boyes, Crooks, Dobson, Richmond, Wood.

I hope that maybe someone out there is researching the same tree as myself and that we can be of help to each other - so if you recognise anyone/anything please get in touch it would be great to hear from you.

Do also take a look at my others blogs, thanks.


Enjoy.

Click on the photo to go to the St. Hilda Ellerburn website to see the memorial to some of the Dobson family and other photos

My Loyal Followers:

Say No To Word Verification - I do

Say No To Word Verification - I do
I hate having to do this when I visit a blog, I don't use it on my blog anymore.

Thursday 9 July 2009

My grandparents


This is a photo of my maternal grandparents, it looks like they are off to a wedding so I think it was taken in 1937 when one of my grandmother's sisters married my paternal grandfather (it was his 2nd marriage).

Believe it was taken at Ravensworth Terrace, Gateshead.

2 comments:

Witchcrafted Life said...

Hi Jordie dear, thank you very much for you comments on my blog. Yes, I just discovered yours today - and now through clicking on your profile learned that you have more than one lovely site that relates to a topic I madly adore, the past.

This charming photo of your grandparents is lovely. I really like your grandmother's dress, I would absolutely wear that today. They look like they were a really nice couple. It's so wonderful you have photos of your ancestors to share with us - thank you!

Wishing you a beautiful day, my new friend!
♥ Jessica

jordiegirl said...

Yes, it's a pity I don't have the dress now, it looks lovely.

Unfortunately both of them passed away in 1959, gran in January and granddad in July, so I don't remember them very well as I was only 3 years old.