Bloggers do it .....................





............ at the keyboard

Welcome to my blog - good day to you all

Do come on in and take a walk into the past.

This is a record of family and places from my family tree. Researching my family tree is an ongoing project with lots of brick walls to knock down.

Names included in my family tree are: Allsop(p), Boyes, Crooks, Dobson, Richmond, Wood.

I hope that maybe someone out there is researching the same tree as myself and that we can be of help to each other - so if you recognise anyone/anything please get in touch it would be great to hear from you.

Do also take a look at my others blogs, thanks.


Enjoy.

Click on the photo to go to the St. Hilda Ellerburn website to see the memorial to some of the Dobson family and other photos

My Loyal Followers:

Say No To Word Verification - I do

Say No To Word Verification - I do
I hate having to do this when I visit a blog, I don't use it on my blog anymore.

Monday 7 May 2012

Tying up loose ends!

I'm trying to tidy up some loose ends in my family tree research as I intend discontinuing my subscription to findmypast later in the year and get on with the laborious task of putting all the information I have into book form. To this end I am trying to find various people and hope that someone trawling the internet will come across this post and have information I need. Currently I am looking for: Jane Elizabeth Dobson's marriage and subsequent family. Jane was a sister of my grandmother Violetta Dobson. Jane was born in 1890 in Pickering, North Yorkshire to Thomas Dobson (1867-1940) and Annie Eliza nee Kirby (1869-1939. The family had moved to Gateshead by 1900. I have 5 options for gentlemen Jane Elizabeth may have married: Thomas Walker in 1916 Frederick Thompson in 1913 Fred Hetherington in j1916 William A Proudlock in 1927 Arthur Eltringham in 1936 - although I think this one is incorrect as I have found that the wife in this relationship died in 1956 and I am certain that Jane Elizabeth was still alive in 1965. If anyone out there is researching this line or is related in any way to any of the people I have mentioned I would like to hear from them.

No comments: